Monday, April 12, 2010

Hyped up....


I now have a Flickr account. Sweet. When I did my photo sharing account setup, I used photobucket. Seems it can't do the geotagging thing. Dang. Another account. I wonder if I really even know of all my accounts. Most likely not.

OK, so as I watched the TED video, I thought the speaker needing to decrease his caffeine intake. When he said "I don't know if I have time to show you any other environments...", I really think that he could have easily and quickly gone through a few more. LOL Just watching the video was spooky to realize what someone can do or develop.

I did a google search on Photosynth to figure out what it actually is and does. Photosythn takes your photos and mashes them together to make a 3D scene out of them. Viewers can then rotate, move around and explore the minute details of the work. Pretty cool.

As for the EXIF data, I have known for a while that my clinical cameras have incorporated some aspect of this. Not as much with my Canon D60, but my Canon 40D does incorporate a lot of information regarding the image settings. Depth of field, exposure settings, time and dates are to name a few of the data incorporated into any given image. I went online to see if the 40D touched on the use of GPS coordinates and actually found out that if the camera is connected to a portable GPS device, it will record the location and time into the image. Double dang. Am I needing another toy to play with?

I uploaded some photos into Flickr and did the geotagging. For an example of a geotagged photo, click here. Now I need to just figure out how to get them into the asuweb20 area..... I think I was able to finally do this, but they are still not showing up. Takes a few days to get them tagged. This is the internet- go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit confused by what you mean "into my web 2.0 web area" - do you mean onto your cmsimple site?

    If so, google flickr slideshows, and then make a show using tags that you assign to the pictures you want in that slideshow. There are several tools that do this I think.

    d.i.

    ReplyDelete