Saturday, April 24, 2010

And yet..... finally decided on a Second Life Event


OK, so it was really tough for me to find one event that I wanted to attend. Yes, I did not want to learn about being someone's boy toy or attending the Deranged - No Pants Allowed function. I mean, after all, I really haven't learned how to get my Avatar JUST RIGHT......

So, I found a Newcomers Event - "Newbies Questions and Answers". Sweet. Maybe I can learn how to get my shoe back that I lost the first time I was on SL. I mean, I have been walking around with only one shoe. I am starting to limp.

So, I teleport to the function. Hmmm..... Don't see a group sitting and talking. No group of Newbies asking questions about life in SL. Sure there are people hanging out here and there. Sure there are some people walking around. Sure there is a dominatrix walking around. Yes, I go up to a few and ask.... are you here for the Newbie thing? Nope. Then what are they doing here!!! And no, I decided not to even go up to the dominatrix. After all, I was here for something else.

So, I did not find a group talking. Instead, I found a board - kinda like a Newbie Board. So, my event ends up being read the board posts and learn from there. Not too bad for me. I did not have to talk or ask questions. I could read and learn on my own. Problem is - I still only have one shoe.

1 comment:

  1. I found that area too. No one was helpful and I found the boards hard to read. I think I left more confused than when I arrived:)

    ReplyDelete